2018/2019 Cherrybrook Senior Athletics Registration
→ Online Registrations ONLY for the 2018-19 season. Registrations now OPEN ←
The senior athletics season predominantly runs from October to September each year. While registrations open 1st August, membership Subscriptions are unable to be utilised by athletes until the commencement of the 2018/19 athletic year: 14 September 2018 to 30 September 2019
Our centre runs each Friday evening from 5.45 pm to around 8.15 pm at GREENWAY OVAL NO 2 (LOWER OVAL), SHEPHERDS DRIVE, CHERRYBROOK. The season will commence the beginning of September. Check the website for more details.
The athletes’ age for the purposes of registration with Seniors and Little Athletics is age as at 31 December.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A SENIOR ATHLETE
- All registrations must be completed and PAID ONLINE on the ANSW on-line System.
- Scroll down and click on the type of membership you are after
- At the top click on REGISTRATION
- Select Cherrybrook Senior and Little Athletics Club and click REGISTER
- Check the box next to the Subscription (or registration) that applies to you
- Click NEXT at the bottom of the screen
- If you registered online last season you will be able to retrieve all your personal details by entering your EMAIL ADDRESS in the first text box
- If this is your first time registering online, enter your EMAIL ADDRESS. You will then be prompted to create a password.
- CHECK or ENTER all your personal details.
- Please ensure you tick YES to be on our mailing list so you can received our weekly Newsletter which contains useful information on upcoming events and results from recent events.
- Confirm your payment and pay securely online.
Note: Online transactions will incur a 4.4% service provider (OST) processing fee. Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email confirming your payment transaction from IMG Sports.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A DUAL ATHLETE
If you are in the U12-U17 age groups with a Little Athletics Club and you wish to also compete as a Senior Athlete, you MUST register through Little Athletics NOT Senior Athletics.
- Dual Athletes will register once through the LANSW website.
Please go to the Cherrybrook Little Athletics Registration page for more information
- During registration on the LANSW website, you will need to choose the Cherrybrook Seniors club. A club finder and other information will be available to help.
- All Dual athletes will receive a set of 2 bibs from our Little Athletics Registrar. These bibs will double up as your Athletics NSW Competition Bibs.
- The youngest competition age for Duals is 14. So, if you are in the U12 age group you will be competing against 14 year olds.
DISTRIBUTION OF COMPETITION BIBS
This season Athletics NSW will be distributing competition bibs to athletes. Bibs will be available for athletes at their first ANSW event at Athlete Check-In where your name will be marked off a master list. Bib numbers will be automatically allocated by the Athletics NSW system, however athletes may request a particular number. Bibs are to be used for the entire season.
Please remember that registration fees are non-refundable (as per ANSW).
|Open athlete (+20)||
|Junior athlete (15-19)||
|Youth athlete (≤14)||
|Dual athlete (LANSW U11-U17) NOT registered with Cherrybrook LA’s||
|Dual athlete (LANSW U11-U17) Registered with Cherrybrook LA’s||
|Age Concession (Govt Concession card holder only)||
|Family (all must register at the same time)||
|Community Member (no competitions. Insurance only)||
|RunNSW athlete (1 April to 30 September)||
|Club Member (club level + 1 ANSW competition only)||
|Club Associate (club officials) – Paid by the club||
|Accredited Technical Official||
- The online registration portal for athletes will close at 12 noon the day before an ANSW event
- ANSW does not accept faxed registrations
- Club transfer forms will only be accepted no later than midday on the Friday before competition if both clubs have signed the appropriate form and payment is received by ANSW. This applies for dual athletes also
- To compete at Masters (aged 30+) National titles and other NSWMA events, you must also be a financial member of theNSW Masters association. nswmastersathletics.org.au
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION
Dependant on your type of registration with ANSW you may be eligibility for some or all of the following ANSW benefits:
- to compete in all Athletics NSW and Athletics Australia Sanctioned Events
- Free entry into all RunNSW Greater Bank events
- Half Price Entry into Waratah Run Series Events
- Coverage for Personal Accident Insurance under the National Insurance Plan
- Competition Bib (collected at first event)
- eAthlete Information Service
- Access to Athletics NSW App
As a member of Cherrybrook Senior and Little Athletics Inc, you are also eligible for the following benefits:
- membership to one of NSW most successful clubs
- experience from a club that has offered seamless transition from LA’s to Seniors for 15 years
- access to senior athletics coaches
- access to excellent training facilities
- Friday night club competition
- access to all level of athlete ie from lovers of the sport to Olympians
- weekly newsletter
- current information on our Facebook and Instagram pages
- team support at all competitions/events including Club Championships
- potential access to athlete funding
- free gift for National championship medalists
- annual awards night and recognition of membership
- free entry into state relays
- access to our Grey Book (pre-season Handbook)
- access to our Red Book (end of season Annual Report)
TRIAL PERIOD FOR NEW MEMBERS
New members who have not participated in club athletics before can (if they wish) trial for a maximum of 2 club competition evenings in any one registration year.
Please contact the Senior Registrar (Karin Webb ph. 0408 622 144) before your first trial evening as a Trialling Athlete Form must be completed prior to competition.
This season all athletes MUST wear the new Cherrybrook uniform. Original Cherrybrook uniforms ie red with white and grey stripe around chest can no longer be worn. This is a requirement of both LANSW and ANSW.
All athletes are required to wear correct Cherrybrook Athletics uniform. These may be ordered on-line and paid by credit card, or ordered and paid for on registration day (payment by cheque or cash only on registration days). See our website for more details.
Sample sizes for uniforms will be available to try on at our registration days. Both little and senior athletes wear the same style shirt. Senior athletes may wear black shorts of any type.
Your senior bib number is to be pinned to the front and back of your shirt.
Race Atlas is a marketing tool which utilises photo sharing through the process of automated photo tagging. Once the photos have been uploaded to the Race Atlas system, the branded photos are available to members to access. It is important to note, due to member protection, members must opt in to this service.
Race Atlas Process
- Members will receive two (2) Competitions Bibs.
- The bib number is how athletes are identified. All the athlete needs to do is go to the Race Atlas portal (https://photos.raceatlas.com/), enter their bib number and follow the prompts. This will then allow photos captured of you while wearing the bib downloaded. This link may change for some events, and will be received in a post event email.
- Images are taken on ANSW dedicated camera, where available, and uploaded to Athletics NSW’s Race Atlas server
- Athletes can then share directly to Facebook and/or Twitter, email the photo or download the photo
- Athletics NSW and Clubs will be able to track the impressions of the Race Atlas system through Social Media Reach Reports
Athletics is run entirely by volunteers and it is condition of membership that any athlete 16 years or younger be accompanied by a parent or guardian each Friday evening. In order for the evening to run smoothly and efficiently we require parents to assist on Friday evenings. This can be anything from helping on the BBQ to being an age manager or just helping the age manager run the events during the evening – timekeeping, measuring, writing down results etc. None of the jobs are very difficult and we are happy to teach you. We would encourage you to get involved as it makes the evening more enjoyable and go quicker!!!
Further enquiries may be directed to:
Karin Webb (Seniors Registrar) 0408 622 144 or email@example.com