Parent Volunteer Commitment Statement
Our Little Athletics Program is run for athletes from 5 to 16 years of age. It is based on the Little Athletics principles of family, fun and fitness, by providing a safe, friendly and competitive Friday night program for young athletes to develop their social and athletic skills. Good sportsmanship, participation, skill development and striving to reach new personal bests is encouraged through the program.
The Little Athletics Program is run by our parents for our athletes. It is important to understand when registering your child/children that parents/guardians are required to be in attendance every Club Night that your child attends (with the exception of parents of U17 athletes).
- A parent or legal guardian will be required to complete a Volunteer Commitment Form, accepting and committing to undertake a volunteer role this season.
- Parents/ guardians will be required to choose an official duty for the season for two out of the three programs, except for Age Managers and Age Group Recorders who will assist every program, and the parents of U6 athletes. This will allow us to provide better training, consistency and the best possible outcome for our athletes.
- If you are a parent of an U6 athlete then we ask that you help set up the equipment for Friday night competitions (hurdles, long/triple jump, high jump, shot put, discus and javelin), in addition to accompanying your child and assisting the Age Managers where required.
When signing up for a duty, please select the option ‘U6 Parent’. All U6 parents are encouraged to take the AAOES Level 1 Online Course in Track, Long Jump and Shot Put.
- Whilst we would appreciate the assistance of U17 parents, it is not mandatory for you to attend unless you have a younger athlete competing. When signing up for a duty, please select the option ‘U17 Parent’.
- When not on a duty, parents will be required to assist their child’s age group where required.
- If a rostered duty is missed, then the duty should be completed on a non-rostered night if required.
- Athletes who do not have a parent or guardian in attendance will not be able to compete on a Friday night until a parent is on site, except U17 athletes.
Complete an Australian Athletics Officials’ Education Scheme (AAOES) Level 1 Online course for your chosen duty area and as many other events as you like. The more you complete the more confident and useful you will be in assisting age groups.
Attend the Officials Training night on Friday 30 August 2019.
Undertake your duty throughout the season.